Monday, April 25, 2011

The holidays in pictures

  Ben carefully places an egg on the Seder plate on the first night of Passover.  We didn't have a real shank bone, so that's a cut-out of a picture that Neil found online.

 
On other nights, we do not dip even once. But on this night, we dip many, many, many times. Apparently, dipping gnocchi in salt water is our new Seder tradition.
On the second night of Passover, we had friends over for a Seder (hence the good tablecloth, and the kids table in the background).  Here's Ben chomping into a lemon-shaped candy.
In his Easter basket, Ben got a new magnifying glass and some more rocks for his rock collection.  Yes, this is the kind of nerdly family we are.  Ben seems to fit right in.

As if that weren't enough, he also got a set of tangrams.  Oh, yeah, and a chocolate rabbit and lots of other candy of a traditional Easter nature.  We're math geeks, but we also like our chocolate.

We went over to Jackson's house for a wonderful Easter egg hunt and Easter dinner.  I don't have any pictures of that yet.

5 comments:

Lesley said...

Hi, I am your newest follower. :) Can I ask you to email me? I have a couple questions, thanks. My blog is www.brightonbrothers.com. My email is brightonfamily4@gmail.com. Thanks. Love your blog.

krlr said...

Thanks for stopping by & nice to meet you! I suppose one COULD have too many blogs but am still happy to find good reads. Your son is adorable!

Alicia said...

I love our nerdy family! I had a rock collection too when I was little. I know I still have it, and I don't really have a use for it these days. I could definitely send them your way if you think Ben would like them?

Yanti said...

Ben is getting bigger and he's super cute too!

Melanie said...

How did I miss this post? Super cute!