Tuesday, January 20, 2009

Cookies, Water Buffalo Redux

  • Well, thank you very much, Uncle Steve! Guess who had to sing the Water Buffalo song 50 gazillion times this morning in the car on the way back from Buffalo? Yes, that would be me. Y'see, my Uncle Steve thoughtfully sent me the following link: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a08A7lDjTFE. It's a Veggie Tales song. About a water buffalo. Thinking that Ben might enjoy it. Well, he did. With a vengeance! (BTW, the song is captioned!!)
  • Remember how much Ben liked that molasses cookie from Bamimi? Well, it's been awhile now since he had that particular pleasure. He gets the occasional animal cracker and is adept at both saying and signing "cookie." This evening Neil and Ben were surveying the titles on Ben's bookshelf, and Neil had a little extemporaneous fun with a passage from "Is Your Mama a Llama?", roughly along the lines of, "My Mama has purple hair and wears glasses, and I don't think a llama has that molasses." Ben promptly signs cookie!! (Mom and Dad, I would interpret this as a specific request, if you get my drift.) Later, Neil and I were talking about this, and I quietly muttered "molasses" under my breath, and Ben (who until then had been concentrating on something else) immediately signed and said cookie, followed by a very emphatic "Bamimi!" He makes connections, that kid.

No comments: