Wednesday, November 12, 2008

Eine kleine (more) Ben-musick

Ben's favorite CD is "Peter Paul and Mommy" by Peter Paul and Mary. A couple of the tracks are live performances, and one has applause afterward. Ben always claps along. His favorite song right now is "I'm Being Swallowed by a Boa Constrictor" (lyrics by Shel Silverstein). As soon as it starts, Ben reaches down and touches his toes ("Oh no, oh no, he swallowed my toe, he swallowed my toe!").

My Aunt Kathy made me a cassette of this album when I was very young, so I grew up listening to it. I'm often very moved by the songs even now. I got a copy of the CD a few years ago, and when I was expecting Ben, I really looked forward to sharing it with him. ("And if you take my hand my son, all will be well when the day is done....") I remember playing the CD shortly after we found out he was deaf, and feeling devastated that he would never be able to listen to it. How utterly and completely wrong I was!!!

No comments: